Scott A Marty stands ready to help you make informed choices for two of your most important financial planning activities:
Retirement planning: Put in place the investment and insurance products you need to help your financial well-being during your retirement years.
Estate planning: Have plans in place that will help your heirs, upon your death, retain as much as possible of the assets you have worked so hard to accumulate.
Today’s retirees enjoy longer life spans and more active lifestyles than ever before. This means retirement planning is more important than ever. Here are some of the issues you may want to consider regarding this important topic:
- Paying for retirement: You may want to consider whether the amount you are saving will generate adequate income for an extended retirement in which you can enjoy the lifestyle you desire. When should you start saving for retirement? How much should you save? What if you’re self-employed? We can help you determine what investment products will help meet your savings needs based on your objectives for your retirement years.
- Health Care: The rising cost of health care is of concern to everyone who is considering retirement. How can your health affect your ability to save hard-earned retirement assets? What about health care costs not covered by traditional systems? The need for long-term custodial care may easily erode an entire lifetime of savings. From disability insurance to long-term care insurance and Medicare supplemental plans, we can help you make the right choices.
- Housing: Where will you live? Should you pay off your mortgage? What about assisted living? The answers to these questions may depend on your health, income and ability to maintain a lifestyle.
- Retirement Stages: One of the difficulties in retirement planning is individuals may have multiple goals and needs within a similar time period. Between college funding, providing care for aging parents, and taking care of their own needs, it is often difficult to know where to start. Retirement planning may involve investment planning, long-term care planning, social security income strategies, life insurance strategies, and estate planning. Retirement may have many stages beginning with traveling and simplifying life to the later years requiring assistance in daily living. Planning for the proper income stream for these specific areas is very important. These decisions are best made after researching your options and perhaps consulting with a qualified professional.
You may have done a great job establishing a sound portfolio of investments and are set to enjoy a comfortable retirement, but what happens upon your demise? Will lack of prior planning create a burden for your family when you’re gone?
Estate planning is the process of determining the value of your assets and income at your death and calculating the various settlement costs involving taxes and probate. Estate planning may also include the transfer of assets and a plan for the care of minor children.
A discussion of estate planning with Scott Marty of Trollway Insurance typically includes multiple components:
- Designed to reduce a reduction in your ultimate estate shrinkage after reviewing earnings, investments and life insurance protection.
- Preservation of the estate, a calculation illustrating the effect of inflation and taxation on its value, and the distribution of the estate, including the review of wills or trusts, title arrangements and beneficiary designations to insure a proper and timely transfer or a referral to a qualified estate planning attorney.
- Estate planning generally requires a team approach. Scott Marty will perform a crucial role in the process by networking, such as an estate planning attorney and accountant, in the discussion.
For help in answering your questions about retirement and estate planning, please contact Scott Marty at (608) 437-7223 or at email@example.com. Legal or Tax services are not offered through Trollway Insurance or Scott A Marty.
Life insurance plays an important role in Estate Planning. With the right product in place, you can be comfortable knowing your family will be financially protected after your death. Trollway Insurance will work with you to determine which of type of life insurance is right for you:
- Term Life Insurance – Low cost, no cash value. Term Life insurance is temporary protection designed to be kept for a specific period of time. The cost may start out quite low but increases as you get older or the policy will expire after the fixed term. Premiums may be level for a given time period, such as 5, 10, 20 or 30 years. It is well suited to protect business loans as the time period is defined, or for those who have large debt, few assets and a tight budget to protect loved ones during your working years.
- Whole Life Insurance –Offers protection for life and does not diminish in value. Normally the costliest form of permanent insurance with the strongest guarantees. Whole life has strong guarantees but may come with a hefty price tag. Policies earn guaranteed interest on cash values, plus either current interest or added dividends.
- Variable Life Insurance – Somewhat costly permanent insurance. Variable life insurance is similar to whole life or universal life plans. However, its cash value is invested in separate variable accounts that you pick in equity investments. Returns are also variable, representing more risk than other permanent products.
- Universal Life Insurance – The excess of premium payment above the current cost of insurance is credited to the cash value of the policy credited monthly. Cash values earn a minimum interest rate. Policies offer flexibility that may allow for charges in lifestyle. Premiums are level and maybe adjusted to accommodate needs. May offer benefits that offer benefits in Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts as since cash values are no consequence.
In reference to general account obligations and guarantees, the ability for the insurance company to meet these obligations to policyholders are subject to sufficient capital, liquidity, cash flow and other resources of the insurance company.
Long term care used to be thought of as care received in a nursing home. The definition has now expanded to include services that help people who may have limitations regarding their ability to care for themselves on a daily basis to help them live independently.
The type of care needed can fall into two areas:
- Help with activities of daily living:
- Supervision due to cognitive impairment.
These services are generally not covered under typical health insurance or under our Medicare system.
The cost of residential nursing home care continues to rise. You can help protect your assets and your family’s future from these high costs by purchasing long term care insurance. Trollway Insurance offers competitive long-term care insurance rates from major LTC companies.
How would you pay your bills if an accident or illness made it impossible for you to work? Many people do not have the proper coverage to protect them after an injury that leads to disability. If you are self-employed, disability insurance is a particularly valuable product.
Disability insurance typically provides 50-60 % of your pre- disability income. Most of today’s contracts emphasize retraining and rehabilitation benefits. The hope is to allow you to return to a productive lifestyle as soon as possible. Disability insurance coverage may be part of an employee benefit package or purchased individually. Whatever your disability insurance needs, Trollway Insurance can help.
For complete information on all of our life insurance, disability insurance and long-term care insurance products as well as health insurance and dental, please call us at (608) 437-7223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Trollway Insurance, we help you improve your life by providing prudent investment advice. No matter what your investment management objectives are, we will partner with you to develop a viable course of action based on your values, comfort level, current situation, and investing timeline.
We understand that investing wisely is a complicated business. We pride ourselves on communicating clearly so you thoroughly understand the options available to you. If you’re not sure about a particular investment, we will review it with you to see if you are comfortable with the risk. Or we will find an alternative that addresses your concerns.
The complete range of investment management products available to you include:
- College Funds
- Annuities (include)
- Equity Index
- Money Market Funds
- Mutual Funds including equity, income and bond funds
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs): SEP, Simple, Roth, 401K Plans
To arrange a time to discuss your investment needs and learn about our services, please contact Scott Marty at email@example.com or call us today at (608) 437-7223.
Investment planning is a process of learning how to best manage money and how to plan for its ability to help provide security, growth, independence, and luxury. An investment plan may allow you to set your own priorities according to your values, commitments, and goals. Obtaining professional advice in this area can help you realize your goals and avoid costly errors.
Scott Marty of Trollway Insurance will help you sort out your financial situation. Generally, this involves gathering and evaluating information about your assets, debts, income, and personal goals and responsibilities.
In addition, you may face specific life stages that require focused attention, such as college funding, change in marital status, death, disability, retirement, or an estate settlement. Whatever your situation, our financial planning specialists can help.
Once your financial picture is clearly understood, Scott will work with you to identify appropriate investment vehicles for your financial objectives, including:
- Retirement Plans: 401(k), IRA’s (Traditional, Roth & Simple)
- Investments & Wealth Management: Mutual Funds.
- Financial Planning & Retirement Income Planning
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Annuities: Fixed, Variable, Immediate & Indexed
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Health & Dental Insurance (Group and Individual)
- College Funding Strategies
A registered representative with and securities offered through Brooklight Place Securities, Inc. 1901 Butterfield Road, Suite 220, Downers Grove, IL 60515 | (888) 976-0659|www.brooklightplacesecurities.com | Member of FINRA and SIPC Brooklight Place Securities, Inc. and Trollway Insurance Group are not affiliated. The information contained and enclosures thereto, may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately.